|Create The Entity!|
Are you ready to form your LLC or Corporation?
The next step is to officially form the entity with the AZ Corporation Commission (ACC), the agency that governs the formation of LLCs and Corporations in Arizona. Your company officially “exists” on the day the Articles are approved by the ACC*. So, form the company as soon as you can!
The process to form the entity:
1. File the Articles of Organization or Articles of Incorporation with the ACC.
2. When the Articles are approved, the ACC will return to you:
You will also be able to confirm your company’s status on the ACC website.
3. Discuss obtaining an Employer ID Number (EIN) with your accountant. We strongly recommend that you apply for an EIN, even if you will not be hiring employees right away – or ever! The IRS website has additional information.
4. Open the company’s bank account. The bank will require:
5. Final Steps. Once you receive the Affidavit of Publication from the publisher confirming the articles were published as required by law, all legal steps have been met and your company is officially formed. It is important to prepare company minutes documenting all actions taken to set up the company. You should create governing documents for the company’s operation and administration, which includes an Operating Agreement for an LLC or Bylaws for a corporation.
~~ Form your Entity now! ~~
If you would like our assistance to form your entity, please contact our office at 520.222.6434.
*The ACC may not immediately approve your Articles if there is incorrect or incomplete information. Therefore, be sure to wait until you have received the approved Articles before engaging in any business operations. Otherwise, you may end up being personally liable for resulting expenses or contracts. For this reason, we encourage filing your Articles with Expedited Service.